North High School
Environmental Mural Project September 7, 2010
Let's help get the word out on this excellent project by the students at North High School. If you are a artist please consider working on this project, what a great way to build the community relationship with the our High School. They have reached out to us.....lets reach back.....Wayne
Students of North High School--- contact @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates to be announced
• A mural with an environmental theme painted by artists from the community.
• Awareness is raised for both art in the community and environmental issues.
• The mural will be varnished to reduce graffiti, thus beautifying the neighborhood.
• May include local to global environmental issues.
• Artists selected by a board containing our high school group, recognized artists/art critics, and neighborhood members.
• Non-paid commission, resume-worthy volunteer work to give artists publicity within the community.
Artists who are interested:
• Send resume and three pictures of work.
• Send a developed idea to do with local or global environmental issues for your circular mural space with a diameter of three feet.
• Will be given considerable artistic liberty, but remember, this is a community mural.
• Artists paint their individual design concepts in 3 ft. diameter circles that will be spaced randomly all over the wall.
• Outside of the series of circles will be painted a uniform color or pattern.
• Ideas include but are not excluded to:
– Urban sprawl, human impact on nature, conserving natural resources, city parks, wild life refuges
– Conservation of resources (water, electricity, fuel, etc.)
– Native plants and animals, wild life in the city, cities interact with nature, animals adapting to cities
– Alternative fueled cars, wind power, mass transportation, solar power
– Forests, hunting, how deforestation effects us
– Air pollution, sound pollution, ozone layer, recycling, toxic waste
– Organic farming, composting hydroponics, drought, global warming, pest control: natural vs. chemical,
– Global climate change, arctic melt, natural disasters
– Free expression of what nature means….
• Snacks and water may be provided for community volunteers and artists.
• Paint, paint and water containers, brushes, and varnish are all materials that we need donated.
Thank you very much!
Jamie Pearson, Jake Cohen, Laurie Ellis, Carlos Martinez Acuna, and Steven Nelson.